About Me

My photo
adventurers, leap-takers, stargazers, Christ worshipers, newlyweds, fun seekers, small town turned city dwellers
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

This and That

First up: FLEET WEEK, aka my new favorite holiday (I wish). It all started with the Blue Angels flying in formation all over the city and right over the school I work at. All of my first graders gathered around the window with me as we "oooooed" and ahhhhhed". My friend Annie explains that they are simply majestic, and I would have to agree. When my mother-in-law was in town to visit, we made it a point to head to the air show to take it all in. (Sadly, Eric missed it, but we were so thankful to spend Sunday with both parents). This is definitely something we will attend annually for as long as we live in San Francisco.



On the way to catch the bus, we stumbled upon Alamo Square. It is the location of the famous Painted Ladies (Full House, anyone?)


We also explored North Beach (one of our favorite places in the city). We sampled some beer at Rogue brewery and enjoyed watching the festival parade while eating lunch in Little Italy.


A random guy we passed who was nice enough to take a picture!

This past weekend, we took a day trip to Napa and went wine tasting. First, we stopped at a small, family-run winery called Goosecross and got to see Cabernet being made as well as taste the grapes straight off the vine! Next, we headed to Beringer where we took a tour of the old winery and caves. It was such a blessing to get out of the city and spend the day just the two of us.


 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hun! I love that we were in Napa the same weekend! And don't you just love Fleet Week? The blue angels was such a fun thing for me to watch as a Navy wife. I've been reading your blog lots! Love it! God bless.

    ReplyDelete