About Me

My photo
adventurers, leap-takers, stargazers, Christ worshipers, newlyweds, fun seekers, small town turned city dwellers
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Enjoying the Sun

One thing about the city that has taken some adjusting to is the lack of sun. While we are thankful that we aren't complaining about extreme heat, I must admit that only seeing blue sky a few times a week is taking its toll on me. Luckily, throughout the past week there have been numerous warm days, so I have taken full advantage of them.

On Saturday we were invited to a pool party in Sonoma hosted by Russell's boss. The location was a home that the firm actually designed, so it was very inspiring to see it in person. Getting out of the city and driving on country roads was a plus as well :) It was my first time crossing the Golden Gate Bridge, so I had to document it.



When I saw blue sky out of our living room window on Monday I literally screamed. It was a matter of seconds before I headed out the door with my kindle and a blanket. Sharon meadows is a great place for reading peacefully and it is only a two minute walk from our door.


I met with three Elementary School principals on Tuesday for interviews for paraprofessional positions. In between my muni transfers I got to pass some time in the rose garden and was even asked directions by a sweet French couple. I am starting to feel like a real San Franciscan. Sutro Tower is the only landmark that tells me which direction I am walking and on most days it is just poking out of the fog. Russell works almost at the base, so I always smile when I see it.

A little more wisdom we have gained:
-sometimes you need an umbrella for foggy morning commutes 

Examples of God's Grace:
-Getting three interviews within ten minutes
-Smiling at fellow muni riders and getting smiles back
-Accepting a job offer and selling my car all in one day




1 comment:

  1. I love reading this, Jaleen as it reminds me of those first few weeks it took me to adjust to living in the city. The fog is pretty awful and does take a toll, but being close to Golden Gate park definitely helps! My only regret from our time there is not exploring the park more. I LOVE it there...

    ReplyDelete